Fire-Lite’s MS-9600LS(E) and MS-9600UDLS(E) are
compact, cost effective, intelligent addressable
FACPs (Fire Alarm Control Panels) with an
extensive list of powerful features. The
combination of Fire-Lite’s newer series devices
and legacy 300 Series devices, along with the
MS-9600LS(E) or MS-9600UDLSE FACP, offer the
latest in fire protection technology. LiteSpeed™
is a patented technology that polls 10 devices
at a time looking for new or different
information. When new information is found at a
specific address, the system polls that device
several times for any new data. This improvement
allows a fully loaded panel with up to 636
devices to report an incident and activate the
notification circuits in under 10 seconds. With
this new polling scheme, devices can be wired on
standard twisted, unshielded wire up to a
distance of 10,000 feet per loop. Each Signaling
Line Circuit (SLC) loop supports up to 159
addressable detectors including photoelectric,
photoelectric with heat, beam, ionization,
photoelectric duct, fixed heat, fixed heat with
rate-of-rise, and fixed high-heat detectors. It
also supports up to 159 addressable modules
including monitor (two-wire detector, normally
open devices), dual-monitor functions (two
monitor circuits from one module, two addresses
used), multimonitor (multiple monitor circuits
from one module, multiple addresses used),
control (for Notification Appliance Circuits),
and relay (two Form-C) modules.
power supply is a separate board while all other
electronics are contained on a single main
circuit board. Both boards are mounted to a
quick-removable chassis and housed in a metal
cabinet. The backbox can be installed allowing
field wiring to be pulled. When construction is
completed, the chassis with the electronics can
be quickly installed with two bolts.
The MS-9600UDLS(E) includes a
factory-installed DACT-UD2 Digital Alarm
Communicator Transmitter. The DACT transmits
system status (alarm, troubles, AC loss, etc.)
to a Central Station via internet (optional
IPDACT installed) or the public switched
Optional modules, which plug into the main
circuit board, are available for special
functions. Available accessories include LED,
graphic and LCD annunciators, reverse
polarity/city box transmitter, digital alarm
communicator/transmitter, SLC expansion module,
local and remote upload/download software and
remote power expansion.
FM APPROVED to UL ANSI 864.
Controls And Indicators
- AC POWER (green)
- FIRE ALARM (red)
- SUPERVISORY (yellow)
- ALARM SILENCED (yellow)
- SYSTEM TROUBLE (yellow)
- MAINTENANCE/PRESIGNAL (yellow)
- DISABLED (yellow)
- BATTERY FAULT (yellow)
- GROUND FAULT (yellow)
- SLC can be configured for NFPA Style 4, 6, or 7 operation.
- SLC supports up to 318 addressable devices per loop (159 detectors and 159 monitor, control, or relay modules).
- SLC loop maximum length 10,000 ft. (3,048 m) @ 12 AWG (3.1 mm²) using twisted, unshielded wire (see Wire Table on page 5).
NOTIFICATION APPLIANCE CIRCUITS (NACS):
- Four onboard NACs with additional NAC capability using output control modules (CMF-300 or CMF-300-6). The four
Class B NACs can be converted to two Class A NACs with the NACKEY (included).
- Silence Inhibit and Auto Silence timer options.
- Continuous, March Time, Temporal or California code for main circuit board NACs with two-stage capability.
- Selectable strobe synchronization per NAC.
- 3.0 amps maximum per each NAC circuit.
Note: Maximum 24 VDC system power output is shared among all NAC circuits and 24 VDC special application auxiliary
power outputs. Total available output is 7.0 amps.
ADVANCED FIRE TECHNOLOGY:
- Sensitivity testing with printable results, onsite or offsite.
- Automatic drift compensation.
PROGRAMMING AND SOFTWARE:
- Autoprogram (learn mode) reduces installation time.
- Fully programmable from local keypad, local PS/2 keyboard or PC (using the standard PS-TOOLS Windows® utility).
- Two-level user-programmable passwords.
- Custom English labels (per point) may be manually entered or selected from an internal library file.
- Three Form-C relay outputs (two programmable).
- 99 software zones.
- Optional plug-in DACT-UD2 communicator (standard with MS-9600UDLS(E) with USB port for local upload/download.
- Remote Acknowledge, Silence, Reset and Drill via addressable monitor modules, ACS Series annunciators,
LCD-80F remote annunciator, or ANN-80 Series Annunciators.
- EIA-232 printer/PC interface (variable baud rate) on main circuit board.
- Integral 80-character LCD display with backlighting.
- Real-time clock/calendar with automatic daylight savings adjustments.
- History file with 1,000-event capacity.
- EIA-485/ANN-BUS supporting up to 8 ANN Series Annunciators or 32 ACS Series annunciators.
- EIA-485 supporting up to 32 ACS annunciators.
- Maintenance alert warns when smoke detector dust accumulation is excessive.
- Automatic device type-code verification.
- One person audible or silent walk test with walk-test log and printout.
- Point trouble identification.
- Local piezo sounder.
- Waterflow (nonsilenceable) selection per monitor point.
- System alarm verification selection per detector point.
- PAS (Positive Alarm Sequence) and presignal delay per point (NFPA 72 compliant).
- Optional 4XTMF module (conventional
reverse polarity/city box transmitter).
Off-line Programming: Create the entire program in your office using a Windows®-based software package
(order programming kit PK-CD, containing PS-TOOLS, separately). Upload/download system programming locally to
the MS-9600LS/E in less than one minute.
Autoprogramming: Command the MS-9600LS(E) to program itself (takes less than 30 seconds). In the
Auto-Program mode, the MS-9600LS(E) scans for all possible devices at all addresses, stores the device types, and
addresses found, and then loads default values for all options (General Alarm). It also checks for two or more devices set to the
Online Editing: While still providing fire protection, the MS-9600LS/E may be programmed from the front
panel. Simple menu trees displayed on the LCD allow the trained user to perform all functions without referring back to
the programming manual.
English Label Library: Quickly select labels from a standard library of more than 50 adjectives/nouns, such
as “FLR 3 HALLWAY,” or enter custom labels letter-by-letter. Use ecall function to repeat previously used label.
Program Check: Automatically catch common errors, such as
control modules not linked to any zone or input
The MS-9600LS(E) continuously monitors each smoke detector and is capable of reporting maintenance conditions. This
reduces the risk of false alarms due to dust accumulation. Refer to the control panel installation manual
for more information.
Automatic Test Operation
The MS-9600LS(E) performs an automatic test of each detector every two hours. Failure to meet the test limits causes
an AUTO TEST FAIL trouble type. System Reset clears this trouble.